Monday, May 5, 2008

Arlene efolio

Introduction
My name is Arlene Sandra Samaroo, I am from Guyana, South America.
I migrated to the United States in January 2003.
I started my teaching career in 1975 at a Private School. I continued teaching at a kindergarten school from 1976 to 1984. During my teaching career I entered the Teacher’s Training College a 3 year program.
I have my Trained Teacher’s Certificate in Early Childhood Education.
From 1984 to 1990 I was the head of Adelphi Nursery School in Guyana.
In 1990 to 1992 I went on a scholarship to Mico Teacher’s College in Jamaica, West Indies where I received a Diploma in Special Education with reference to work with Visually Impaired /Blind.
In 1986 I started a center for the Disabled and worked part time with children with disabilities.
During 1992 to 1996 I worked with the Visually Impaired/ Blind also teaching Orientation and Mobility Skills to the Blind.
During 1994 to 2003 I lectured in Psychology for Early Childhood Educators at Cyril Potter College in Berbice, Guyana.
In 1997 to 2003 I returned to Adelphi Nursery School.
When I came to the United States after training I worked as a Home Health Aide from September 2003 to January 2004.
In February 2004 to June 2004 I worked as a substitute Teacher with the New Brunswick Board of Education in New Jersey.
I came to New York in July 2004 and had to start a new process of getting a job.
I start working with the Board of Education at schools in Queens as a Substitute Paraprofessional. At the end of November 2005 I was employed by the Board of Education at P009 @ P.S 268 as a Paraprofessional. I am still working at that school.
This school is a special education school.
At present I am attending York College working towards my Bachelor Degree.

No comments: